2/20/05

Salvation and unintented consequences

Ever see "Homicide: Life on the Streets?"
Ever see the final "episode" movie?
Ever watch the next to last scene, where Bayliss and Pembleton have a conversation?
Ever realize you didn't see it coming, at all?

Salvation.
I won't spoil it for you, but it's a fine piece of television writing. The movie's not the show's finest hour (I mean, it's no subway episode - itself, in a way, about salvation), but it's worth seeing. Especially for all you Wire fans, and Oz fans, there's so many awesome castings and callbacks and foreshadowings.

Salvation. It's been on my mind a lot lately.

Salvation, my friends, doesn't come from Netflix. Or this glass of Jack on the rocks. Or fucking, or chat rooms, AIM, reruns, or blogging, hyper-activity, or mindless netsurfing.

Salvation is absolution of the self. Salvation, to me, is permission to find peace.

I'm just saying, is all.

And goddamn if Bayliss in that episode doesn't look like a finer boned, more haunted version of my husband. Holy crap, that near did me in.

No comments: