1/18/05

what is this thing called love

When I was in high school band (ca 1981-85) my High School band teacher's favorite joke involved leeringly repunctuating or re-emphasizing words in this sentence, above. Apparently, it's a song title - "What is this thing called love"

(Damnit, I thought there were more fonts and shit on this site. Why can't Johnny italicize?)

As you can see, most of them are prurient. Totally appropriate for a bunch of precocious nerdy 15 year old girls, who at least knew enough to say eeeeewwwww. Unlike the kickline team (cheerleaders who didn't have to remember words), that he coached.

Eeeewwwww.

What is THIS thing called, love?
What IS this thing called, love?
What is this THING called, love?
What is this thing CALLED, love?


And the worst of all.....
What IS THIS THING CALLED LOVE?!

Fuck if I know.

More later,
doobie out.

Next: Deconstructing Doobie (if I'm in the mood)

No comments: