8/7/05

Yeah, it's like that.

So this got me good today, from a folk-station I found on iTunes (WUMB, from Umass-Boston - iTunes has improved their radio station selection drastically). So I had to find the lyrics, download the song, etc.

When I get sucked in, I get sucked in, yes I do. So what? Go on, leave me to my maudlin shit. Go!

Along those lines, anyone catch Six Feet Under. My mom called it the saddest show she's ever seen on TV, ever. It was pretty harsh. Harsh!

Anyway, here's my song du jour, properly cited and all.

Still staving off the progress of my divorce nicely, thanks for asking. Just to complete the maudlin trifecta.

I haven't eaten since noon today. Why? Dunno. Oh, I had some cabbage. Why? Dunno.

Here's the damn song.

from www.cowboylyrics.com:

(as performed by Emmylou Harris and Don Williams)

Artist/Band: Van Zandt Townes
Lyrics for Song: If I Needed You
Lyrics for Album: Legend

If I needed you would you come to me,
Would you come to me, and ease my pain?
If you needed me
I would come to you
I'd swim the seas for to ease your pain

In the night forlorn the morning's born
And the morning shines with the lights of love
You will miss sunrise if you close your eyes
That would break my heart in two

The lady's with me now since I showed her how
To lay her lily hand in mine
Loop and Lil agree she's a sight to see
And a treasure for the poor to find

No comments: