8/27/05

Cabbie Wisdom, 440 PM

"I tell you..swallow three pieces of garlic every morning before you brush your teeth....yes, it will burn, it will make you dizzy, before breakfast, before ANYTHING..it will cure everything, heart disease, diabetes, everything....what do those doctors know...(more anguished)...trust me I smoke two packs a day since I was seven and now I am thirty two (he looks about forty-five)...they die before you..they know SHIT...(more anguished still)...all they do is have sex with their nurses, eighteen, nineteen years old...GROUP SEX, you know what I am saying?!?!?!"

As I am hastily gathering up my eighty bags (including a bundle of flowers and an alarming quantity of beets) from the Greenmarket which were threatening to give me numb-arm (NARM NARM NARM) on the walk home, he is still going on.

"Take your time...I am a smoker, a lover, a stockbroker, a cabbie....I am EVERYTHING."

He didn't pull away for a solid minute.

I heart NY.

No comments: