1/16/06

Stolen from my emails, bitch.

Fascinating, no? Yes. See how it works for you. I'm still chewing on it myself, actually.

"here's an old allegory, either Native American or Lebanese -- I've
heard it both ways -- about a frog and a scorpion. You familiar with
it? The frog is about to swim across the river and a scorpion stops
her and asks for a ride to the other bank. "No, I can't," says the
frog. "If I let you climb on my back, you'll sting me."

"That's ridiculous," says the scorpion. "If I did that, we'd both drown."

Convinced, the frog let's the scorpion climb on her back and, right
when they get to the deepest part of the river, the scorpion plunges
his stinger into the frog's neck.

"How could you do that?" cries the frog, as the poison begins to take
hold and the pair starts sinking.

The scorpion shrugs and says, "You knew I was a scorpion, bitch.""

No comments: